Tuesday, February 28, 2017

February Summary

Another month of hay in the barn!

Along with the Rock Cobbler at the beginning of the month I rode the Tour of Sufferlandria. I had to dial back some of the intensity to give at least a semblance of readiness for the Cobbler as the Tour ended the day before. With February being a short month it was going to be a push to hit the 1000 mile mark but with a cheeky double I was able to keep the monthly average at the 1000 miles. With that said the mileage totals are not the be all and end all of the riding and I am being sure to not let it impact the actual training.

image
I started the revised TrainerRoad Sweet Spot HV Plan and that is certainly making the mileage accumulation easy, especially when I add in an extended warm up or cool down. One thing that I specifically noticed was that the Cobbler was the only ride outside of the month which reinforces my commitment to using TrainerRoad and the trainer as the most effective training method. With the Pro season underway there is plenty to keep me occupied on the viewing front thanks to cycling.tv

image
I did fall off the wagon on the strength training so I need to refocus my efforts as it barely takes any time and does make a difference!

So onwards to March with Redlands Strada Rosso.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.