Monday, August 22, 2016

Thirty Days of Outside; Days 21 – 26

Phew, well what started out as a slow week was definitely backended! What started with a gentle ease in definitely went out with a bang! Here’s the deets;

Monday. Quick Spin on the dirt, a change is as good as a rest!

image

Tuesday. A local loop with some small hill repeats to work on my KOM placing…you do it too! Just admit it, you’re among friends!

image

Wednesday. Tried something different and went out on a three hill climb, nothing major but enough on tired legs. It would be nice to get this loop down to 1:30. I am at the mercy of traffic lights as there are few left turns but it’s something to work towards. Followed up in the evening with a quick Pokemon hunt!

image

Thursday. Another diferent loop in a completely new part of town to ride around. Possible site of an Everesting with a 2 mile climb that picks up 507’ of gain. I would only need to ride it 56 or so times! So assuming 3 laps an hour that’s 20 hours!

image

image

Friday. The shortest ride ever to keep the stroke alive!

image

Saturday. After basically a rest day yesterday, I rode a usual loop for time and pushed as hard as I could. I did pretty well and pick up a basket of Strava bling, not that that is what it’s about but it’s a good indicator of what’s happening!

image

Sunday. A big day on the hills. Rode the last two climbs in the Santa Monica Mountain Challenge. These rank as the two hardest and I was suffering in the hills and heat. My Garmin topped out at around 104f! That said I have come to the conclusion that the case keeps it warmer and cooler, basically acting as an insulating shield. But 92 miles and 7500’ of gain is exactly that!

image

image

So that was the week, the end of the 30 days is in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.