Tuesday, July 12, 2016

High Rouleurs Society and 6th Annual SMMC Week 1

With my sights back on the High Rouleurs ride at the end of the month I started on a final three week build cycle. I decided to use the Sufferfest 3 week plan but also had in the back on my mind that I would be out of town from Thursday onwards and would be on the road. So it was a balance between intensity on the trainer and endurance on the road. Here is how things shook out;

Monday Recovery Ride, a quick spin around a local loop

image

Tuesday Sufferfest Hell Hath no Fury. Struggled with highs. Couldn't reach or couldn't sustain. Good old fashioned ass kicking from the carbon chicas!

image

Wednesday 45 minutes Z3. A solid workout on the road, it’s hard sometimes to get a good Z3 workout due to stops and starts etc. but this one came pretty close.

image

Thursday Hill repeats on a local hill. You know they have their ups and downs.

image

image

Friday; I rode the Vineman course, it was far windier than the previous two times that I ridden it. I warned everyone I saw! Otherwise it was a solid three hour ride which would have been sub 3 hours without the wind!

image

image

Saturday; Recovery ride. Rode out to the coast, very pretty ride with a foggy turnaround. That said the roads up north are shocking, I was lucky not to lose a filing! Also interesting to see that I was below sea level!

image

image

Sunday; should have been a quick 45-60 minutes spin, I missed a turning and it ended up becoming a 90 minute ride, that last 8 ,miles were ridden rather quickly.

image

A pretty solid week; 202 miles and just under 12 hours. Also mastering the art of the bike selfie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.