Monday, June 6, 2016

Dirty Kanza 200; The Kit List

I have yet to write up my Race Report from Dirty Kanza, in fact I am behind on blogging by several months and a couple of races including the Mulholland Challenge and the L’etape Tour of California but as some folks are asking I thought I would put together the DK200 kit list. Plus it’s a quick post that requires little thought;

Bike; Lynskey Cooper CX. I picked this up off of a Facebook Swap Meet group. I did really well the bike was a solid investment and it handled everything I threw at it and more, in fact I rode it over far worse terrain testing up the new groupsan I added. My set up from top to bottom;

  • Lynskey Cooper CX with Endurance forks
  • 3T Arx II stem
  • 3T Ergoterra bars
  • 3T Doric seatpost
  • Fizik bar tape with added gel pads
  • TRP Spyre mechanical disc brakes
  • TRP 160 rotors
  • Shimano Ultegra 6700 shifters
  • Shimano Ultegra 6700 long cage rear derailleur
  • Shimano CX50 crankset and Front derailleur. These are CX specific, the chain rings are 46/36 and the FD has a narrower arc to follow the smaller gearing
  • SRAM 12-32 cassette
  • KMC chain
  • ISM Prologue saddle
  • Shimano RX31 wheels
  • Clement MSO X’Plr clinchers 40F/32F (great choice given the mud)
  • Specialized Airlock inner tubes
  • Electra Ticino Tourist Stainless Steel Bottle Cages
  • Crank Brothers Eggbeater 3 pedals
  • Garmin Edge 810
  • Garmin GSC10
  • Garmin Fenix 3
  • Anker Powercore lipstick charger
  • K-Edge XL Garmin mount
  • Generic CREE LED front light and spare battery
  • Magnus Innovation Bold II rear light
  • Topeak Fuel Tank with Charging Cable Hole
  • Topeak Large Wedge Pack
  • Camelbak Podium Insulated bottles
  • Fox Low Pro Hydration Back Pack

image
Clothing;

  • Pactimo Brand Ambassador Ascent jersey
  • Pactimo Ascent Pro Bibs
  • Pactimo Zero Weight base layer
  • Defeet/Sako 7 Pro Solitude socks
  • Giro Xen full fingered gloves
  • Giro Privateer shoes
  • Headsweats Skullcap
  • Louis Garneu Course helmet
  • Oakley Fast Jacket glasses

OK I think that’s it…I’ll update if I remember anything else!

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget to mention your wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog through the newfitnessgadgets.com list. I am in Florida and I actually have a friend who drove (with friends) up to do the Dirty Kanza and then drove back The driving is what I find crazy. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.