Monday, May 23, 2016

Dirty Kanza 200; Weeks 3 & 4

This week and the next was always going to be tough. A crazy project work schedule had me working through the night and on weekends. Rather than freaking out about it I just decided to think of it as enforced rest over the 14 days I was able to ride my bike 6 times so I’ll combine them into one post.

Monday Trails and Recovery. Always nice to spin my legs in the dust. Also a good oppotunity to spin up the new gearing. Found a new trail. The view was terrible!

image

image

Tuesday Sufferfest The Wretched Finally able to ride as strong as I should be able to. Listening to my body and not over-cooking things on Sunday and having a bit of fun paying off! Less than 4 weeks to DK200.15 min warm up and the The Wretched;7:00 warm-up. 35:00 featuring flats, three major climbs, three very short descents, a valley and a rolling run in to the finish. 4:00 Cool down.

image

Wednesday Sufferfest The Long Scream. 5 mins warm up and then 30 mins on increasing effort just under and the just over FTP. Equaled best 30 min effort of 241. Hard work but I am not feeling crushed by it!

image

Thursday and Friday was all about work. This was my sleep schedule from my Garmin Fenix3

image

Saturday FTP Test. The work schedule has me working in the middle of the night several days this week including being up for 30 hours straight. So I ended up being off the bike for two days straight. My legs were well rested and it seemed like a good time to do a test. Added an extra warm up to verify legs felt good. Rode 4x5 minutes strong, rest, build, all out. Very happy my FTP went up from 243 to 249.

image

image

Sunday thru Friday was off and at work

Saturday Recovery. Mental Release, crazy 10 days of work including nights and weekends. First ride of the week!

image

Sunday …took the Lynskey out for a test ride on the upgraded gears! You can read about that here!

image

Ok so no totals, I got done what I could get done. Time to move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.