Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Bye Bye 3x! Hello Two-by!

It’s inherent as a bike owner that you want to change things…or maybe that’s me!?! I have had my Orbea Occam 29er for a couple of years now and having put some miles on it while waiting for parts etc I decided to pull the trigger and go from a Triple to a 2X. Less shifting, less weight, less complex! I am never in the big ring, it’s completly redundant!

I hunted around and found a drivetrain (cranks fornt and rear deraillieur) that was used with low mileage, picked up a new chain and cassette and I was good to go. Having ridden it for a couple of months now it’s defiantly an improvement, the only thing I am missing is that super climbing ability that I had before.

image

Maybe I will put on bigger cassette down the line but until then I will just pedal harder or faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.