Sunday, January 31, 2016

January Summary

My Training started the week of Christmas so I was in full training mode when January 1st rolled around. I was somewhat derailed the first week back at work as I had to travel and so I knew that would put a dent in my miles but it’s early so I was happy to roll with the punches. Unfratnatly when I came back to LA is was sick that had a double whammie impact but I took a few days and bounced back pretty well.

Considering that I essentially missed a week I feel that I had a really good months all things considered and while my training is not miles based it’s nice to see them accumulate.

image

Importantly my TSS is accumulating. TSS or Total Stress Score is per Training Peaks is a composite number that takes into account the duration and intensity of a workout to arrive at a single estimate of the overall training load and physiological stress created by that training session.  It is conceptually modeled after the heart rate-based training impulse (TRIMP).  By definition, one hour spent at Functional Threshold Power (FTP) is equal to 100 points. There is more information on the topic here.

image

This coming weekend I have my first race of the year, the Rock Cobbler 3.0 a 100 mile gravel ride in Bakersfield. I am planning to modify the week to accomodate the Tour of Sufferlandria and still get a bit of a taper in. We’ve had pouring rain all day so who knows what the route will be like, in fact obody knows what the route is, it’s going to be announced this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.