Monday, November 5, 2012

October…close to breaking!

Another month in the bag and another month closer to race day, in fact there is less than two weeks to go and today I start my taper, ahhh bliss!

Needless to say October was another big month, three solid weeks the last week tempered by a niggle in my hip/groin area so I eased off and (fingers crossed) it’s eased off too. That meant missing my last long run (3hours) and cutting a couple of other workouts short in the last week but it’s better to be 5% undertrained than 10% injured! Other than the sheer volume there are no real standout sessions. My new Garmin Swim arrived and it was tested in the pool, the nice thing is that it breaks out your swim time from overall time which the 910xt does not. I had a 2 hour swim scheduled for one day and I managed to cover 4300 yards in 1:55…yes it’s slow but hey 12 months ago I couldn’t swim 25 yards freestyle!

I did have a great ride yesterday and despite the wind managed to hit the 56 mile mark in under 3 hours quite comfortably, and set a new 40k PR in 1:19, click photo for details;

image

Here’s the breakdown for the last month, I should have hit around the 65-67 hour mark and had another 60-70 (25 run and the rest bike) miles or so on the total, but I am still (I think) >95% against my training plan overall!

image

Week by week it looked like this for the past four weeks (SBR Focus);

image

Stacked it looks like this, as you can see it was a steady build to the last week which was a bit light;

image

Now I have to look at my plan for the next two weeks and schmush 1 week recovery and 3 weeks taper into 2 weeks. Thursday I have my bike LT test and Saturday my Run LT test and other than a bit of shopping it’s a countdown to race day and a day of this…

image image
image image
image image
OMFG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.