Monday, September 24, 2012

IMAZ training Week 9

Phew “Run” week done, as you can see quite a step up in the run mileage, so much for that 10% rule! Also this is the first week of the last 10 that’s taken a dent on the training volume. My time was cut short on 3 workouts and so I am prolly short of around 90 minutes worth of training of which about all is running and the rest in in the pool, with that missing running mileage I would have hit the 50 mile mark for sure.

image

I did manage to hit the two main workouts head-on; a three hour brick on Thursday night (2 hours bike/1 hour run) done on the trainer and treadmill. Sunday’s long run the plan called for a 2.5 hour run on Sunday, I had hoped for 18 miles but I didn’t have the zip to hot the 8:35 pace so I steadied myself and stuck to a slower pace (8:52) and covered 17 miles, this would put me on track for a 3:52 marathon which be awesome on race day!

image

This week has a bike focus with 11.5 hours in the saddle, if I do well I should break the 200 mile mark this week for the first time and north of 600 miles for the month, my biggest month this year. I am more or less on track with the core work, 8x the P90X abs workout in the last 3 weeks and it’s getting easier! The vegan experiment continues although it’s less of an experiment and more of a way of life now!

photo (6)

Veggie protein with non dairy cheese bolognaise on spaghetti squash

This weekend I have a 2.5 hour brick on Saturday and a 4 hour ride on Sunday…I’ll get to try these out on the road,

photo

Mavic Cosmic Carbone 80 tubulars…almost as yummy as the bolognaise!

Onwards!

1 comment:

  1. glad the eating challenge is going well - it can be tough! dinner looks delicious though. 200mi of biking? in a week?! nuts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.