Friday, August 31, 2012

August, done!

Woah that was quick, August is done, the kids are back in school, the nights are getting cooler and it’s getting darker earlier…before we know it the clocks will be changing!

After Vineman last month I seem to have finally exited the “twingery tunnel”, systems still need some babying but they are kinda firing on all four cylinders…now I need to get them into V6 mode! Having looked back at the month the mileage has crept up on me, I think a lot of that has to do with the training plan which is duration/RPE based, my workouts do not specify mileage but are something like

image

And so I follow the plan and the miles take care of themselves…which makes a big change from other plans I have followed which are very prescriptive on mileage. So with that in mind, here are the digits:

  • Swim 18.21 miles (32,000 yards) in 15:20
  • Bike 341 miles in 21:14
  • Run 96 miles in 14:13
  • Total 455 miles in 51:33 (including a couple of hours spent foam rolling, stretching and using my Compex)

One of this years goals was consistency in my training and now hopefully I can pick up where I left off back in April:

image image

This weekend I am heading to Tempe for another chance to check out the IMAZ course, I am meeting up with Thomas and riding the bike course and spending some time on the run course. The long weekend is a great opportunity to do that…hopefully it won’t be too hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.