Monday, August 2, 2010

There’s no smoke without fire…

Sunday’s ride was detoured. I was pedaling along minding my own business, multi-tasking riding to a kid’s birthday party that my wife was driving to and I saw this…

P1030123

As I got a bit closer it turned into this…

P1030125

Closer still…

P1030127

Hmm, it seems to be in front of me now…

P1030141

Ah yes…here it is!

P1030140

Zoom lens…then on my right I saw this…

If you listen closely you can hear the Police saying “Go Home”…so I about faced.

I headed to the party by way of a different route, I arrived no worse for wear with a solid 43+ miles and nearly 3 hours on the clock…never a dull moment. Eight acres (8 soccer fields), 200 firefighters and 4 hours later it was out. Here’s the rest of the photos from the day including some up close ones of a group of riders that I drafted off of clicking off 3 minute miles…sweet!