Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Urban trails!

This week is just one of those weeks, I am busy at work (no change there) and my wife is away on business; 5 days, 3 cities and 5000 miles! In an attempt to keep the momentum going I am diving into the local gym at lunchtime, see this post for details. I’ve taken to changing and going for a run around the local area, I can get 3-4 miles in, do some supersets. stretch, grab a shower and a sandwich and be back at my desk in around an hour.

P1020449

One thing I have discovered is an urban trail, it parallels the local washout canal, predominantly its shingle trail, but there’s no cars, it has some shade, has a great view to the San Gabriels and it’s not the road! I’ll take it!

4 comments:

  1. I'm amazed that said trail is a step down for you! :) I'd take it in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "and it's not the road"...
    Perfect, a great find amidst the road and concrete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great discovery! I love it when I find new places to run. You're doing great fitting in some workout time during lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a few of these in our area too and I love having the option to get off the road. There's one I take as an alternate route to the paved trail. It's short (less than a mile) but the dirt is nice and it bypasses a heavier traffic area that I hate to run.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.