Friday, November 13, 2009

Nobody reads blogs at the weekend!

Nobody reads blogs at the weekend, right! I know this from my Sitemeter stats, everyone is out doing weekend stuff, it’s a well known fact that blogs are read (a) at work, (b) at home on a laptop while watching TV and (c) if you’re like me in the wee early hours while having breakfast during the week.

That being said I thought just in case anybody is around you might be interested in a few bargains I’ve seen over the last few days, it’s that time of year I guess with folks outing 2009 gear and ushering in the 2010 look. So in no particular order.

Hammer Nutrition are having their end of year blow out, pretty much everything is discounted; Perpetuem, which I have used for the last two years, their gels; again I used these heavily until finding Chocolate #9 as well as all their pills and potions. I picked up some excellent cycling outfits from them this time last year. Their kit is made by Voler. Voler is a US based cycling clothing manufacturer based in Southern California, I really like their clothing, it fits really well, is made really well and lasts really well!

Voler themselves are having a blow out on many items, and with in mind that I have two triathlons for next year I splurged (it was only a little spluge) and snagged a tri outfit. I am a firm believer that feeling the part is halfway to being the part, it’s a zen thing…what would a triathelete wear? It will also be a good incentive to drop some of the ‘I am injured but I am eating like I am running 50 miles a week’ weight gain otherwise I am going to look like a quart poured into a pint pot come race day!

Finally and sticking with the cycling theme Primal Wear are having a Veterans sale with their forces orientated outfits on sale, check them out and show some patriotism at the same time. They’ve also got some of their regular jerseys on sale.

But seeing as you’re all out doing weekend stuff you’ll not be reading this will you!

PS good luck to everyone running the inaugural Malibu Marathon and Half Marathon this weekend!

17 comments:

  1. Yep, I noticed that too in Google Analytics. It's interesting how (running) blog traffic spikes on Mondays--looks like everybody is back from their runs and wants to see how their friends did.
    Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice score on the tri suit, and yes, they are very unforgiving. I'm also using it as an incentive for next season ;) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read, but don't always comment! Thanks for the tips Stuart, I'll surf around for a little while.

    Just catching up with all you've been up to. Jeezzz, I truly hope that the swimming, and cycling will help you out! It has been eight months since my injury and I'm just now comfy with longer distances....it just takes time.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no shame in admitting that I read blogs on the weekend because (a)My weekend off from work is actually Monday/Tuesday, (b)My dogs get me up before 7am on the weekend and I have nothing better to do right now, and (c)I have no life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read blogs on the weekend because that is the only time I'm home! After my hellish week I LOVE being at home in front of the tv reading blogs-yep i have no live either!!!

    Are you going to come and stand on PCH and cheer all us Malibu runners?? I'm just running the half so i start at Thornhill broome beach but the full runners start at Camarillo airport!

    And nice tri suit...maybe I should get a tri suit....

    ReplyDelete
  6. am i loser b/c i read this on saturday morning??? :) i am an equal opportunist blog reader. i noticed the same stats on my blog though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, and don't forget to buy a razor! real triathletes shave!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a weekend blog reader as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read blogs on a Saturday afternoon. It's better than football. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're absolutely right - hardly anybody reads blogs on the weekends, for the exact reason you said.
    I'm going to check out the tri suit website. Thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE sales.

    I'm a weekend blogger/reader, but I know that I'm in the minority. I just have absolutely no time during the week (until winter/summer break when I'm not teaching).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, Mondays are always the highest traffic days, especially first thing in the morning. I assume everyone gets in to the office and checks blogs for a bit before actually warming up to working.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read too. Right now I'm at a noisy pizza place waiting for YaYa to finish eating. There's a birthday party of wild boys who need an adult to remind them about manners. *sigh*

    thanks for the alert on Hammer's sale

    ReplyDelete
  14. The post title made me laugh. I guess I am one of the few people without a social life who does read blogs on the weekend! :) Thanks for the links, I need to do some Hammer Nutrition purchases- couldn't come at a better time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I disagree..and agree. I am reading today due to sickness, but I do also read on the weekends as the week can be so crazy! I'm informing the boyfriend of these sales, he will be thrilled!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, some of us read on the weekends. I would *love* a job where I could read blogs while getting paid for it, but, alas . . . Thanks for the deals!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Funny to see how everyone else finds the same thing as well. I see about a 40-50% drop in traffic on the weekends, but Monday is always my busiest.

    I've since learned to time posts around it... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.