Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Spring in my step!

With less than 2 months till the first day of Spring (March 20th) I got lucky tonight with a little early taster.

Tonight was my first real run since Calico, I spent last weekend catching up on some "schoolwork", I am studying for the PMP, that's price for disappearing midweek and forgetting your books and laptop! I did run a couple of miles on the treadmill while I was away snowboading, but the altitude; 7500’ really screwed me and left me gasping for Os. Now I know why Ryan Hall trains and lives in Mammoth Lakes!

Tonight's run was scheduled as an “easy” 8 miler, but I guess I must have had some go fast beans in my chili, as I was able to crank out the 8 miles in just under 64 minutes which is a smidge under an average of 8 minute miles for the distance, the 9th was a cool down and the final half or so was just the walk up the hill to my house. Let’s see if those beans last over till tomorrow, I have one mile intervals.

Here's the Garmin data:

Oh yes and I also got to try, as recommended by 1miletogo, my Petzl Tactikka while running, so far I had only managed while using the grill, it's a long story, suffice to say an apron, a big fork and a headtorch make for a funny sight! If you're running in the dark do yourself a favor, get one and see and be seen!

2 comments:

  1. yeah!! spring!!

    that was my fist thought.

    followed quickly by...um...maybe i should train some more!!

    nice pace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I'd have any spring in my step after studying PMI materials. I touched that stuff once...and ran away.

    Much like your run - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.