Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It's all about the acronyms; PCTR, TFL & Zzz

This weekend is the Pacific Coast Trail Runners (PCTR) Santa Monica Mountains Fall race. As previously posted I was unsure as to whether to run the 30k or the 50k, my mileage of late has been, well pathetic, almost zero miles in the last two weeks and I am still undecided what to do, the reasons for this; an ongoing underlying niggle in my Transverse Fibers Ligament (TFL) which is associated with my ITB issues and the one month of more or less broken nights sleep where I am probably averaging around 4 hours in a stint; a new baby in the house will do that to you. Trust me I am not looking for sympathy I am just telling you how it is.

I feel pretty confident in the 30k and I have checked with the Race Director and there is the opportunity to have a drop bag as the run is a series of loops and out-n-backs, so I can prepare myself as best I can if I decide on the 50k, so in summary it’s all about the acronyms …watch this space.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh yeah 30k or 50k? I ask myself that a lot :P only playing . . .and YOUR mileage is pathetic, have you seen mine? LOL

    Thanks for stopping by! ;D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.